Hi! My name is Erin and I have taught Science for 13 years in California. Making sure that all students have access to high-quality, NGSS aligned science education in grades K-12 is my passion. Sadler Science is my way to connect with other teachers and help them navigate the NGSS.
I also have an elementary-aged daughter. She helps keep me on my toes and tests the resources that are geared to her age group.
Why I Started Sadler Science
When I started trying to meet the intent of the NGSS in my classroom, I made A LOT of mistakes. There wasn’t a lot of information available and I basically tried to figure it out using only the standards. It was a mess.
I started this blog to help teachers avoid the mistakes that I’d made when I first starting shifting to NGSS in my own classroom. Since then, I have written several posts to get teachers familiar with the basics.
- Google Level 1 and 2 Certified Educator
- STEM Certified Educator through the National Institute of STEM Education
- California Credential in Biology and Chemistry
- Master’s of Education in STEM Leadership
Where else can you find me?
There are so many other ways that we can connect.
- I am the co-host of the Teaching Science in 3D podcast. You can listen here.
- Check me out on social media on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- I have a growing list of products to help you meet the intent of the NGSS in your classroom. You can find those resources on Teachers Pay Teachers.