Making sense of the Crosscutting Concepts can be hard. It can be challenging to figure out what they mean and how they relate to your content.
I took what I have learned about the Crosscutting Concepts and created an easy to follow crash course. This course will:
- Explain each of the Crosscutting Concepts in detail.
- Describe what the Crosscutting Concepts look like in the third through the fifth-grade band.
- Provide ideas for incorporating Common Core Math and ELA standards.
- Explain how the Crosscutting Concepts relate to each other and how they relate to the Science and Engineering Practices.
- Give you a weekly action item.
This course consists of an introduction email and then 7 weekly emails. Each email describes a different Crosscutting Concept in detail and provides examples of how they can be incorporated into your classroom. The Weekly Action Items offer ideas to help you incorporate the Crosscutting Concepts into your classroom.
When you sign up, you will also get the Crosscutting Concept Trackers as a Freebie. The Crosscutting Concept Tracker can be used to help you keep track when you are incorporating each of the concepts into your lessons.
Are you interested in the Middle School Course?
If the middle school grade band sounds like it is a better fit, click here to learn more about the middle school course.
Sign up using the form below.